Request for Proposals
The Wyoming Counseling Association (WCA) is soliciting proposals for presentation at our upcoming continuing education conference to be held October 12-14th in Cody, WY. Presenting at the Annual Conference is a great opportunity to educate your peers on your area of expertise and build your resume!
All proposals should be submitted prior to JUNE 30, 2017.
CONFERENCE TOPIC AREAS
inviting proposals related to…
- Innovative counseling programs, research projects, and activities that address and/or have been successfully implemented in a variety of settings.
- Collaborative, creative, and effective strategies/best practices for meeting the needs of clients in a variety of settings.
- Effective techniques used to address societal concerns and current issues, including returning military, economically disadvantaged populations, and specific populations.
- Programs with a special tie to our state or region.
- Specific skills, techniques and activities which can be applied immediately after the conference.
We encourage submissions that highlight the conference theme: “Supporting Diversity: Empowering Emerging Leaders”
The audience for the conference includes counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, addictions therapists, career development facilitators, other mental health professionals, and graduate students. They work in health care, mental health, colleges, private practice, schools, correction centers, agencies, military and government.
By submitting a proposal, the Lead Presenter agrees to these conditions:
- I understand that I, and all other co-presenters, must register for the Conference and pay the appropriate conference fee(s) by August 15, if we plan to attend any portion of the conference beyond our presentation time.
- I understand that if my presentation is accepted, I (or my co-presenter) must have a master’s or doctorate degree and the content must be clinical in content in order for my presentation to be eligible for Continuing Education hours in the conference program.
- I understand should my presentation content include resources which are available for sale, I understand I cannot sell items during a presentation.
Visit the WCA: www.WyomingCounselingAssociation.com website to learn more about the conference.
Thanks for your contribution. We look forward to receiving your proposal!
Provide the following information for the LEAD PRESENTER. Communication regarding the proposal and/or any questions will be with this individual.
The Lead Presenter must have a master’s or doctorate degree in Counseling/Mental Health/Social Work/Psychology, or a related field in order for the presentation to be eligible for Continuing Education hours in the conference program.