All WCA officers are required to be members of the American Counseling Association.
- Chief elected officer of the Association
- Upholds the rules and regulations of the administration of the Association
- Promotes a program of activities for the Association.
- Schedules & facilitates Executive Board meetings.
- Liaison between the Association, the ACA, and the Western Region ACA.
- Files annual activity reports to ACA in January.
- Participates in monthly conference calls with Western Region reps.
- Attends ACA annual conference (March/April).
- Plans & coordinates WCA’s annual conference in conjunction with other officers and members.
- Secures the conference location & negotiate the contract.
- Identifies the pre-conference keynote speaker.
- Solicits presentations.
- Creates a schedule.
- Presides at all statewide meetings of the Association.
- Subject to approval by the Executive Board, appoints the treasurer and all other committees.
- Communicates with members frequently.
- Oversees WCA website development and updates.
- Performs the duties of the President in the absence or incapacity of the President
- Assumes the Presidency of the Association upon the death or resignation of the President.
- Assists with plans and preparations for WCA’s annual conference in conjunction with the President.
- Mentors incoming President and President-Elect.
- Assists with plans and preparations for WCA’s annual conference.
- Promotes the officer nomination process to the Members & recruit potential nominees.
- Oversees the election of officers.
- Performs the duties of the President in the absence or incapacity of the President and the President-Elect.
- Records all the proceedings of the meetings of the Members and of the Executive Board.
- Collects the Awards nominations and orders the recognitions.
- Recruits conference On-site Registration helpers.
- Compiles conference evaluations and communicates information with presenters after the conference.
- Creates continuing education, PTSB documentation and certificates.
- Issues press releases regarding WCA news.
- Posts news items on WCA website.
- Appointed by the President.
- Develops annual budget.
- Assures the receipts and expenditures of funds in accordance with the directives established by the Executive Board, especially annual conference registrations and expenses.
- Reports the condition of the treasury at Executive Board and Member meetings.
- Presides over meetings of such finance and audit committees.
- Tracks and processes membership renewals.
- Files financial and legal reports with appropriate state agencies.