Mental Health Therapist Position in Casper
Mental Health Therapist Self Help Center – Casper, WY
$45,000 a year
- Provide crisis intervention services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking
- Provide intake, peer support, in-person advocacy, and follow-ups to victims
- Assess and evaluate victims’ situations, formulate a plan of action, and take appropriate action
- Maintain files and prepare monthly reports
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Provide clinical assessments and individual, couples, and group therapy to clients
- Diagnose mental health disorders and assist client with treatment planning
- Assist with state certification site visits
- Attend and participate in clinical staffing
- Assist with support groups when necessary
- The guidelines for performing the work are Agency and State of Wyoming instruction sheets for the completion of Direct Services Reports, Group Attendance Sheets and other applicable forms for collecting the statistical information to comply with Agency policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate in speech and writing in English.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function in and have tolerance in high stress situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, volunteer advocates, the public, and community agencies.
- Awareness of ones’ values, motivations, and personal history, and the influence ones’ behaviors/emotions have on victims, co-workers and the public.
- Commitment to the highest professional standards for the self and staff in accordance with the Self Help Center Code of Ethics and Agency policies.
- Completion of agency’s 40-hour advocacy training.
- Regular attendance at staff and advocate meetings.
- Attendance of Board of Directors meetings and/or Wyoming Coalition against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault meetings, at the request of the Executive Director.
- Have on-call availability.
- Must be a team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The work is performed in an office setting which requires the ability to climb up and down stairs, and carry packages weighing at least 25 pounds. The employee may come in contact with emotional, irrational or violent people while performing the duties. The employee assumes all risks, loss, damages, or injury, including death, while employed at the Self Help Center
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree
- Provisional and/or Licensure from the Department of Behavioral Health to provide mental health services
- Knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault prevention, community referral services, and advocacy
- Familiarity with the use if ASAM and DSM-V
Salary and Benefits
- Salary 45,000
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health
- State Retirement
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.