Snowy Range Academy Job Opening
Snowy Range Academy
Counselor Job Description
Snowy Range Academy is a public Charter School in Laramie, WY serving students in grades Kindergarten – 8th
Position Type: Part-time Kindergarten -8th grade, Certified/Counselor
Snowy Range Academy, Laramie
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted through the school website. https://www.snowyrangeacademy.org/Employment
Closing Date: Until Filled
Classification: Certified Position
Date Posted: October 14, 2021
Contract Length/ Days: (2021-2022/188)
Salary: Salary placement on our Certified Salary Schedule is dependent on the employee’s education and/or work experience.
Benefits: Benefits available, prorated for half-time employment.
Paid Leave: Leave opportunities available for certified staff including sick and
Reports to: School Principal
Deadline for application: Until filled
Required: Master’s degree in Counseling
Valid and Current Wyoming Counseling License
Preferred: CPI training (training provided)
- Assists students in orientation to school procedures and academic opportunities.
- Awareness of high quality evidenced-based instruction, intervention, and assessment practices.
- Encourages students to participate in school and community activities.
- Analyze student and school data to support MTSS framework.
- Mediates conflicts with students and works with small student groups and advisory classes.
- Awareness of Early Warning System Indicators.
- Confers, collaborates, and consults with parents, teachers, colleagues, administrators, and community professionals to help students and families.
- Completes suicide threat assessments and safety plans for students involved in violent situations.
- Serves as student advocates to help students and families respond to life events.
- Provide students with information about education opportunities, career exploration, motivation, and self-awareness through workshops and individual counseling, advising and mentoring.
- Maintain timely and accurate records of attendance, program participation, grades, enrollment information, notes, files and any other program related data, and assist with the decision-making process analyzing/evaluating data.
- Participate in staff meetings, team building and development sessions, professional development opportunities, school faculty meetings, and district/department meetings.
- Develop and maintain relationships and networks with college partners, counselors, tutors, and student support services.
- Provide information and referrals of community and educational resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates respect for and understanding of low-income students and families with a positive attitude.
- Strong writing, organization, computer, presentation skills, and public speaking skills.
- Strong human relation skills.
- Proficiency in using data to make decisions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Ability to perform all functions of the position.
- Ability to make sound professional judgement.
- Experience in classroom management and/or instruction.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.
A personal interview is required for employment. Interviews are at the candidate’s expense and will be arranged by invitation of the supervisor/principal. Parents, students, teachers, and other employees may participate in interviewing candidates and reviewing application materials. Snowy Range Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.