YES House Job Opening – Therapist
For additional information on how to apply, visit https://yeshouse.org/career-opportunities
Youth Emergency Services, Inc.
Job Description: Therapist
Director Supervisor: Clinical Director
To provide individual, group, and family therapy to children, youth, and families. To evaluate youth’s therapeutic needs and assist in the development of appropriate treatment plans. Maintain records of therapy, evaluation, and assure the highest standards are met in the provision of therapeutic services.
Variety of hours to assure the therapeutic needs of youth and families are met. Hours include evenings until 8:00pm and weekend times as needed.
Master’s Degree in Human services with a minimum of one year’s experience providing individual, group, and family therapy. Must be eligible to meet Wyoming Licensure requirements and work towards obtaining Wyoming License.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide each assigned youth and family with individual group and family therapy in the manner and frequency designated in each treatment plan.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement the treatment plan with the program coordinator based on the youth and families need.
- Document therapeutic treatment goals, progress and completion.
- Attend all required meetings, including staff meetings, case reviews, and case planning. Schedule fluctuating to meet needs.
- Meet individually with program coordinators to assist with program development and individual treatment issues.
- Conduct outreach and aftercare as assigned by the director and provide documentation of contracts.
- Ensure the agency’s mission, policies and procedures are followed.
- Follow all rules/policies of Youth Emergency Services, Inc.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work closely with other agency departments and outside agencies
- Must be able to de-escalate potentially volatile situations
- Must be able to effectively manage large groups
- Advocacy for youth and families
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Knowledge of child growth and development
- Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions
- Ability to work with people of various personality types
- Possess sound emotional judgement
- Ability to change as the job changes